Congratulations to District 3’s Bro. George Matta of Bethesda Lodge on receiving the Rookie Mason Award & giving a shout-out to Bethesda & Mystic Valley for their guidance during his remarks.
The Massachusetts Grand Lodge of Masons’ “Master Mason Rookie Award” is part of this jurisdiction’s ongoing commitment to membership engagement and getting our new members involved in their respective blue lodges.
The award may be given to a new Master Mason who has achieved the six required activities:
- Attend each of the blue lodge degrees at least once (not including your own degrees)
- Attend at least one visit of the lodge’s D.D.G.M. to another lodge in the District, or attend a communication of another lodge in the District
- Attend at least seven stated lodge communications over the course of the one year
- Work on at least one lodge social activity OR lodge charitable event
- Assist at least once with the officers setting up the lodge room (a meeting or rehearsal)
- Attend at least three additional LOI communications beyond what is required
plus at least five other achievements.